Tomato Peach Panzanella
- 4 slices day-old hearty Italian bread or corn bread
- 2 large very ripe tomatoes
- 2 large very ripe peaches
- 2 ears corn, shucked
- several basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces aged white cheddar, cubed
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
Instructions: Toast the bread slices and cut into 1/2-inch cubes. Cut the tomatoes and peaches into 1/2-inch cubes as well. Cut the corn kernels off the cobs. In a bowl, layer the bread, tomatoes, peaches and corn. Whisk together oil, vinegar, salt and pepper to make vinaigrette. Sprinkle vinaigrette and basil over salad and toss gently. Stir in cheese and let stand for 10 minutes before serving to allow flavors to blend. Makes 4 servings. Enjoy!
Courtesy of: Colleen Levine
Recipe and photo are copyright of FoodieTots.com and may be shared for personal use only.